New Pool in PA

fozzie

Gold Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Hi.....first I want to thank everyone for all the great info on this site! Our pool was installed last fall and I spent a lot of time over the winter months reading forums and Pool School. That is a LOT of info! I have a test kit, and stocked up on Clorox bleach and stabilizer so far. Didn't buy muriatic acid yet but I plan too, just not sure how much I might actually need. Hoping to take pool cover off in two weeks or so. The first thing we plan to do is vacuum, then get everything ready to turn on the pump for an hour or so and then take the first water test to see what we need to add. Am I on the right so far? Thanks:D

A belated welcome!

Sounds like a plan, but I'd make one suggestion: get the plumbing hooked up and the water turned on first. It'll get everything mixing and you can slowly balance while you vacuum. Granted, I have a terrible winter cover, but I've found that the vacuuming/brushing/cleaning seems to take forever. Plumbing and chemicals are easy.

Welcome fozzie! It was a cold one this winter wasn't it?! So glad that winter is over!!!

Get your pump and everything hooked up, fill up and turn it on and test! Add what you need and then vacuum.

You're water is going to look amazing by implementing TFPC!!! Can you post some pics and show off that brand new pool? :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone! Well today we were supposed to have the fence installed around the pool...very bad timing since we are under flood advisory here in PA for the next couple of days. I will post some pictures when the fence is done and we uncover the pool. Can't wait!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.