No Mor Problems

Apr 18, 2014
I recently bought a bottle of No Mor Problems. And yes it was at the advice of a pool store. Now I am seeing that people have trouble with this product. Should I not use it? We had a swamp pool from a broken pump motor over the winter. We used a lot of super shock and 1 and 1/3 bottles of Swamp Treat. I don't really think the Swamp Treat did any good, but our water is almost blue. I am afraid to put the No Mor Problems in it now. Don't want to cause more problems!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you really want to take control of your pool, you should order one of the recommended test kits. The fav is the TF100, link in my sig.

Then follow the articles in Pool School that will lead you to understanding how to make your pool a sparkly and sanitized paradise :smile:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

A broken pump does not cause algae ... lack of adequate chlorine causes algae. I went for 2 weeks in the middle of the AZ summer with no pump and never got any algae. The pool was dirty, but the water was clear and no algae to be found.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you. To get your pool clear, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and then follow the SLAM Process.

See these as well:
Defeating Algae
Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Agree, Agree, Agree, with Jason, Butterfly and jblizzle!

POOL SCHOOL for YOU! :goodjob:

And, can you please update you profile with your location and your signature with your pool stats. Thanks!

Hi! Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of friendly people here eager to help you gain control of your pool. Before long you will have such a sparkly pool that is easy to take care of, so you can spend time and money on other things in life. Like pool toys, or BBQ toys.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A chlorine test kit would show the bromine that is produced when you add an oxidizer such as chlorine or non-chlorine shock (MPS). The units of bromine are 2.25 times higher than that of chorine so 1 ppm FC is 2.25 ppm Total Bromine and the test does not distinguish between them. You can assume that if you've added sodium bromide to the pool that you are producing bromine, not chlorine. The only way to get back go a chlorine pool is to do a complete drain and refill to remove nearly all the bromide. Adding sodium bromide to water is a one-way street to converting to using bromine instead of chlorine. Only if the amount of sodium bromide added was fairly small, only a few ppm, could the bromine outgas over months. Didn't United Chemical, the makers of No Mor Problems that you used, tell you that? Why do you trust manufacturers rather than the unbiased truthful advice of this forum?

There is no simple test for testing bromide. There is a somewhat complicated combination of tests you can use that take advantage of the fact that monobromamine shows up as FC while monochloramine does not. If you have an accurate chlorine test kit, preferably a FAS-DPD chlorine test kit, then you first measure the FC and the CC where the latter is usually zero or close to it. You then take another pool water sample and add ammonia to it in a quantity that should produce monochloramine so some molar excess of ammonia. If you had 10% ammonium hydroxide (concentrated household ammonia) then you need at least 0.003 Taylor-sized drops added to a 25 ml water sample. So you could dilute your household ammonia by adding one ounce of it to one gallon of non-chlorinated water (NOT tap water, but distilled or deionized water) and then add one Taylor-sized drop from that gallon to your sample and wait one minute. If your FC was chlorine, then you should now see it as CC instead and FC would be 0. If your FC was bromine, then you should still see it reporting as FC (CC would be 0).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.