Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Ordered a Radiant Metric 27' and wanted the walk in steps but they will not fit my needs by taking up too much room on my patio. Setting up pool semi in ground. What do you all recommend for a nice quality ladder? I will have a slight deck for ladder to mount on.

The steps will be in the pool and not on the patio. I'm not understanding what the issue is if you are getting a deck?

My current pool is already pretty close to my patio. The walk in steps for the Radiant would have to be placed slightly in to my patio plus i would have to make stairs to be able to get to the pool stairs since my pool is only going semi inground. This would take up some patio space which i do not want to do. I thought it would work but after measuring more it will not, so i need to get some new ideas on stairs for pool. I also did not want to put them some where else and have to walk around pool to get to stairs.

Are you talking about fiberglass steps like a vinyl inground pool would have?

Yes that you can order with the Radiant pool. Looking now for just a good quality stair that would fit any above ground pool that you all would recommend.

Are you talking walk in steps like wedding cake steps and the like or just a ladder?

Not too sure which one. The wedding cake styles look like they take a lot of room in pool and you would probably need some serious weight to keep them down. Thats why i am asking and sorry if i am making this too unclear.
step-1_web_main1.jpg

6000B_main.jpg

Not sure which would be best.

It's ok. I just want to make sure we're on the same page... or at least in the same pool so we understand each other! :mrgreen:

I prefer steps myself and have the 38" Mighty Steps. I purchased them last year and love them! They are slatted open on the sides like the one you posted above. They also come in a smaller size. I think it was 30". I had no trouble with algae build up under them like I did with the wedding cake steps a few years ago.

Here is a front shot of mine...

side view from google images

Grabbed a few more pics... this is how they look in the pool.

Pool and liner look good Casey.
I don't like the ladder you have pictured.(2nd pic.) My in-laws have that ladder it feels a little weak to me.Treads bend a little when entering or exiting pool.I just like ladders to have a solid feel. Keep in mind I also weigh 220 lbs.

I have these http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608027898772393513&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0 ( Easy incline ladder)

Depending on how low your deck/patio is in relationship to your pool edge this ladder may or may not work for you.My deck is 2" below the top of my pool rail. You could have a deck 4-5" lower than the top of the pool rail and still use the easy incline ladder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Casey and CB.
CB, those are exactly what i have currently
Casey, i was thinking on the lines of what you have but it looks like they take up some room in the pool. This is some of the input i was looking for on these types of stairs. Can you also mount them straight to a deck?

I am planning on building a very small deck just big enough to get into pool. This would built stairs out of wood to go up with lets say a 4'x6' deck then some type of ladder to go into pool like a ladder CB suggested or yours. Want the best route to go with and why would you suggest it. Thanks again

Deciding on steps or ladder boils down to personal preference.I think you need to decide how your going to use your steps/ladder. Are you going to sit on them so your partially in the water? Is their only function entry and exit? Do you have any physical limitations as far as getting in and out of the pool? anyone using the pool have limitations? I personally like ladders because they save space, with me your either in or out of the pool. If you like to lounge partially in the water like Casey you may want steps.

Yes, I like to be able to sit on the steps. I bought the bigger steps which are wider and offer more steps. They make a smaller version with the step width of 30" instead of the 38" that I chose. I don't like the ladders because I want to feel like I'm actually walking into the pool and with my husband being older, I don't want him messing around with a ladder. It was bad enough he had to use the ladder to get into the pool last year! He almost fell off of them a couple times! Plus I have my dad over (almost same age as my hubby) and his wife (double knee replacement) and I just think the walk ins are much better. Plus, I just became a first time grandma and my Lil Princess needs a place to play with her LaLa! :mrgreen:

The steps I have (Mighty Steps) also can be attached to a deck. They come with 2 pieces of plastic to anchor them to the deck. I haven't gotten that far yet. :goodjob:

above-ground-pool-ladders-melbourne.jpg

Can not find the name of these steps. Would anyone know where i can find or know the name. Got this picture from a website blog but they do not mention name.

After much deliberation, we ultimately ended up purchasing the "Grand Entrance" steps online vs the Majestic 800 ones we initially had settled on. Got them for a price we can live with and ended up with no shipping charges as we are having them shipped to an address just across the border from us (about an hour and a half away) in the US.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.