Stenner pump stopped working!

JimboAZ

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Maricopa, AZ
Hi All,

Tonight I noticed that my stenner pump is no longer working. To be more specific, the pump motor turns on (makes noise), but the mechanism does not rotate. I've had the pump for less than a year. I was expecting some maintenance but this has me a bit worried.

I'm using the 45MPHP10 on a timer. I'll contact US Water Systems (where I purchased it from), but if anyone has any pointers on what to look for, or replace, I'd all ears! Thanks!

Do you have one of the new designs that has the clips on the side of the pump tube housing? If so it's extremely easy to take apart.

Since it's less than a year old it's probably best to wait to hear from them before taking it apart.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I have the new style so it's easy to remove the cover using the clips. But once it's open I'm not really sure what to do/look at. I should hear back from US Water soon. I'll be sure to update this once I figure out what's going on.

Stenner has an exploded view on their website.
It could be the drive pin worn off.

I think you're correct. There is actually some rust on the gears so some water must've made it's way into the pump. I believe the gear post and/or one of the other gears is stripped. I can see some burring on one of them.

I have found that Stenner support is very easy to reach and very helpful. When I have a few more minutes I'll call Stenner back and sort out the exact replacement parts needed. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.