Have my 2006 test kit

Mar 24, 2014
Phoenix
But I suspect I am doing something very very wrong!

So did my first set of tests and got the following results;

fc - 37
ph - 7.4
ta - 120
ca - 400
and CYA so high I can't measure it!

Are some some beginers errors I may have made that I need to correct?

As I was passing Leslies on the way to work, I took a sample in there, and they measured

fc - 37
cya - 80

cya unchanged since last time, and fc higher as the greeness has now gone, and we have been using 8.25% clorox from walmart (marked concentrated) to deal with the greeness etc that I have posted before.

Any suggestions anyone before I start pumping all my pool water away lol.

Welcome to TFP

Your CYA testing is likely much more accurate than the pool store once you get the hang of it. Have you tried diluting your pool water with tap water by 50% to do the CYA test? How is it that it is so high you can't measure it?

Hi,
Thanks for your replies.

Hi Aimee,
The house hasn;t been lived in for about a year, but water was nice n blue when I 1st looked at it, so suspect a pool service has been attacking the pool upto now.

Jason, I will try that later on/tomorrow, just for my interest, I got it tested at the same place I did last week, and they read it CYA at 80, mind you, another Leslie's made it 50 a couple of days before lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.