intex pool needs help!!!!!

May 1, 2012
Georgia
Please someone give me direction. I have a 22' by 52" and it is a hot mess!!! Left up over winter and had some bad rain here in GA. OK.....So, it is green as shrek, 1 t-bar is bent and it is unlevel! How do I fix this mess I want it open for mothers day! I know to order the t-bar but to clean it and fix the crookedness I am at a loss. Please tell me or show me pics. Of how to even start. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Thank you so much pool gurus!!!! ~Sarah ;)

First off, Welcome to TFP!

I'll try to give you a rundown of the steps you need to take.

To fix the level, you will probably have to drain the pool, and start from scratch. If you have a way to jack up the low posts, you might be able to slip a board or two under the leg.

To fix the green beast, Pool School will be your new best friend. Link in upper right of every page here. If you have to drain to level the pool, then Pool school is still going to be where you want to go, to learn how to keep it from going green again.

In Pool school, you will learn that doing your own testing is paramount to keeping your pool algae free. For this, we recommend the TF-100, from http://TFtestkits.net. There are similar test kits available, but if you want the best bang for your buck, that is the one to get.

You can scrub the inside of the pool with a water bleach solution. It might be a good idea to bring the FC up to SLAM level after you fill it back up just to make sure everything is killed off. ?

You have been given excellent advice! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and any questions!

I had forgotten that you had posted about a t-bar being bent. You will have to drain to fix that.

Look at it this way, except for the expense of the water you will be replacing, you can start fresh with learning to keep your pool clean and safe a whole lot less expensive than pool store chemical way!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.