After two years with my intex I'm ready to go with a real above ground - advise pls

Jun 19, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hi all,

After two awesome years with my intex, I'm ready to go with a bigger above ground pool. I was thinking of going 12x24 or something right around that size (no wider then 15 and no longer then 24). I'm still searching to see if the buttress free option is a good one, inconclusive at this point. Anyways looking for brands / styles, I'd like to get something that is "Salt Water Safe" for that eventual option. I was a little confused by the ledge type I should get as well, I see there is resin, galvanized and aluminum. http://www.discountpoolkits.com/above_ground_pools.asp?cmd=shop_by_size&pool_size=1224 So many options, not to sure where to start. I am leaning towards resin, less things to rust?

Also does anyone have recommendations for a reputable installer on Long Island, NY area? Every big name I've searched has 100's of complaints about bad installs.

Here is a pic of my intex, its served me well.

9wH2lIF.jpg

OsrAJy5.jpg

hey john! first off... that water looks good! :goodjob:

like me you are ready to move to "real pool"

i am going with the doughboy autumn breeze 16 x 32 from a local dealer for 2 reasons:

1. Doughboys great reputation on having one of the best AGPs out there

2. Im on a slope, and its going to be partially buried, which Doughboy allows under warranty.

The biggest decision for us was round vs rectangular. We are going with rectangular, despite the fact that the same size pool in round is about 1500 bucks cheaper. We based this decision off of aestetics and the fact that we want a deep end, (7ft) and we will have a concrete deck on only one side. A round pool with a deep end, while doable, seems awkward to us. Plus, with a deck only on one side, we would have to choose to have either the shallow or deep end close to the deck, but not both. With the rectangular, both the shallow and deep end will have access to the pool deck.

My best advice is this:

Biggest pool you can fit / afford.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.