Hayward filter gasket issues

Apr 19, 2014
WV
How can you tell if you can replace the gasket or if you have to replace the plate? It doesn't look as if the plate can be replaced on mine, and the pool place sold us a gasket. The gasket is so glued in that we have worked for hours trying to get it out of there. When I called, they said this was typical and that we would just have to work it and then when we put in the new gasket to get some stix-all to glue the new one in. Does this sound correct and if so, are there any easier ways to get this old gasket out of there. I mean it was glued down to last for eternity!!!!

Re: Repairing A Hayward spider gasket

I might not be looking at this right or maybe I'm not calling it the right thing. Our spider gasket is not a part of the handle. When I take the handle off it is down below it in the bowl part. Am I supposed to replace that whole piece that connect to all of the plumbing? There are 5 pipes running into/out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.