I need a new pool vacuum or cleaner for my 18x34

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
Ever since I bought my pool 3 years ago I have had to manually vacuum it. It came with a Ranger vacuum but every time I connect it to the skimmer it somehow takes in air and runs dry. It also runs itself into a corner and stays. I have tried different hoses too and nothing works. My ranger has less than an hour run time on it for this very reason. I plan to trash it this year.

So, this year I am all about automation. I want something that will clean the bottom of my 18x34 with 8ft deep end that connects to my return line, not the skimmer. I am open to all suggestions. Do not take money into consideration. While it is a valid concern I have no problem saving for a decent product that will last a good while. I can still manually vacuum the pool if needed until then.

Sorry Glock. I don't... I usually vac myself as I don't mind doing it. I was going to get one for our new pool but my husband was in need of some care while I was in the process of prepping for the install and the bottom of my pool feels like the Moon because I was very busy with him and just couldn't get it like I wanted it. :thumbdown: That kinda made me forget about any pool cleaner until I get a new liner and can fix it because I don't think an auto cleaner will go over the lumps and bumps.

I was eyeing Pool Rover Jr though. You just put it in the pool and plug him into an outlet. I saw he goes over wrinkles but not sure about uneven surfaces. Good luck in your search.

Glock,

So, this year I am all about automation
Did you read the article in Pool School?

Sounds to me like you want a robot. The more money you spend the faster and better it will clean your pool. It hooks to neither suction or return....it is a self contained unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.