Replaster with colorscapes

Pool was just refinished on thursday with colorscapes cornerstone color. Pool was refilled with water up to middle of tile on friday. Pool startup process will begin on monday and will be performed by professional pool service company recommended by plaster co. that performed pool refinish. Is it ok for startup to begin 3 days after pool has been filled with water. Pool startup guy says ph will be lowered to zero by adding acid (acid wash) and pool will have to be monitored for 5 straight days with acid in pool water. This has to be done to expose aggregates (colorscapes) in finish. I thought immediate pool startup is critical for quality finish results. Will waiting 3 days before startup procees compromise the quality of finish?

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know what waiting will do, but this is normally done right away when they do a hot startup. I don't think it will make a big difference honestly, but I am only speculating. Personally, I'm not a fan of it, and would prefer to have an acid wash performed prior to fill if it had to be done. If they are doing the hot start, then they must be the ones responsible for any problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.