WalMart Ultra Bleach - $2.54 now

We have one Walmart in our county. The big bottle of 6% bleach is $2.54. The problem is that I have turned several of my pool owning friends onto this website and now we are having bleach wars. I will go to stock up, and someone else will have already gotten it all. Unfortunately, we only have one pool store in the county, and they sell only Baqua products- do not even carry chlorine. The next source for bleach 45 minutes away in the next county, and pool stores in North East Texas have a thing against liquid chlorine. Sometimes, success can bite you back.

With the wal-mart bleach, has anyone else noticed that the pull tab seal on the top of the bottle has become infinitely crappy lately? It used to be really easy to remove, now I seem to have to fight with every single one of them. Like production quality went down or something.

Definitely. And, about half the bottles, the "push down and turn to loosen" seems stripped out and we have to use a wrench to get it off. Then a knife to get the seal off. I guess I need to start my own "bleach access" toolbox, since I don't have any small children to get the lids off for me.

With the wal-mart bleach, has anyone else noticed that the pull tab seal on the top of the bottle has become infinitely crappy lately? It used to be really easy to remove, now I seem to have to fight with every single one of them. Like production quality went down or something.

I can't express to you how relieved I am to see this posted. I was starting to think that I was losing it! I've resorted to giving up and "stabbing" them with the attachment part of my pool broom. What's the deal? It seems to be a bigger problem with the larger bottles than the smaller 96oz. bottles too!

I think everyone on my side of town must be using BBB. I've been forced to buy name brand a LOT more this summer than last summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.