WalMart Ultra Bleach - $2.54 now

AH HA! That explains why the Pools Shock(12% liquid chlorine) is not $15.00 instead of $12.99 like it was a few weeks ago. I think it's still a pretty good deal... 4 gal.. of 12% for $15.00.

Comes out to $3.75 a bottle, so if I was using 6% I would need 2 gal. for the same chlorinating power, so 6% bleach would have to be $1.88 per gal. or less to be cheaper. Going by the price of $1.54 for the 96. oz jug, that comes out to be $2.02 for a gallon of 6%. Buying it in the 174 oz. bottle comes out to be about $1.85 per gal.

O.K, so it's not actually cheaper, but it's only 3 cents more buying it at the pool store, and for us, it's more convenient.

Check your local pool store, it just might be cheaper then bleach if they still have 12% for less then 3.75 a gal.

Adam

It May be Gone now

I went to the Stafford TX, WallyWorld today and where the $2.54, 174 Oz. Ultra-Bleach usually lives, was now occupied by the large Clorox bottles (184 Oz size I think) for $3.04. There were 6 large Ultra-Bleaches left, so I bought them all. They still had 96 Oz Ultra Bleach, but at $1.54/bottle. :(

I've been using my liquidator since 12/08 and it has performed great. I just hope my chlorine prices didn't jump up too much. It's still got to be cheaper than Leslie's. One 174 Oz size is about what my pool has been using per week. Very convenient and Houston's curb side recycle program takes the bottle away for me.

Anyone else see this at their local Walmart's?

Here in VA I bought the Costco clorox box of 3 for $8.xx. I just opened my pool today (although 54 degree water might be a little cold for a swim...) but went to the the pool store for sand and asked about liquid clorine. They had "liquid shock" (12%) for $9 a gallon. Kind of got a funny look when I asked for it because it is usually for their "commercial customers".

Just curious before we run out to Kroger and stock up on their 10%, how long is the life-shelf -- especially if we store it in our laundry room?

We just found some 10% at our Lowe's for $4.98 for 1 gallon.

The shelf-life of the product depends on the concentration and the temperature. You can see how many days it takes for high-quality product to lose its strength in the table at the bottom of this link. For high-quality 10% chlorinating liquid, it takes a year to lose half of its strength at 75F, but less than 4 months at 90F.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ouch. HD here just raised their price on 1 gallon of 10% (brand Smart Liqui-Shock) from $3.58 to 4.79!! :shock:

The slightly further drive to WalMart just become much more worthwhile! Looks like it is back to strictly 6% for me. Haven't found any other place that sells 10-12% around here. Last I checked walmart brand was still 2.54 here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.