Aqua Broom Vacuum

Jul 3, 2008
Hello all...

I travel frequently, and am looking for a way for my wife and/or 13 year-old son to vacuum the pool while I am away. I know that I struggle with the usual manual vacuuming process (wrestle the long hose into the pool, blow out the air, etc.)
I have an aqua-bug, which you also need to wrestle with somewhat (plus skimming comes to a halt while the bottom looks great).
I saw the Aqua Broom device in a pool store, and looks like it might fit the bill for me.
I have little, if any, leaves that fall in my pool. Mostly the dirt/dead bugs are right in the middle of the pool (from the water flow around the pool), and it looks like a couple of swipes from this device should do the trick, with no hoses or anything to have to wrestle with.
As a reference, I have a 15ft above-ground pool.
Has anybody used the Aqua Broom?

thanks!

Maybe I'm all wet :lol: but I wouldn't trust it. The description in combination with the pic is enough to make me wonder. The specs say *MINIMUM* operating depth is 4 ft, but the barely-bikinied gal is using it in a spa. . .

I do admit that I haven't tried one or seen it in person, but I suspect it's junk.

IMO, a Poolbuster is a better idea if you want a battery-powered vac that's easy to handle and use. At around $200 it's considerably more expensive, tho.

I think you would be better off with the Catfish. It is a little bigger than the broom. It is made by the same company. I bought mine last year for $100 at BJ's. I have seen it online also. The battery charge lasts for aboutn 30 minutes. I moved up to the poolbuster (same company) because the catfish was just too small for my pool.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of the size.

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

giulietta1 said:
Maybe I'm all wet :lol: but I wouldn't trust it. The description in combination with the pic is enough to make me wonder. The specs say *MINIMUM* operating depth is 4 ft, but the barely-bikinied gal is using it in a spa. . .

I do admit that I haven't tried one or seen it in person, but I suspect it's junk.

IMO, a Poolbuster is a better idea if you want a battery-powered vac that's easy to handle and use. At around $200 it's considerably more expensive, tho.

The minimum operating depth is four inches, not four feet.

My little Easy-Set did not come with any sort of vacuum (apparently some come with the type that go on a garden hose). So I bought an Aqua Broom at Menards yesterday because it was the last one and was on what appears to be a good sale -- I paid $40.00 for it. I made them write on the receipt that I could return it if I was not satisfied with it after trying it. Tried it tonight, not really having much hope for it. To my surprise it picked up everything on the floor of the pool I could see, including: my daughters extremely long hairs; pine needles; grass; big grit. I have not really gotten in yet to see if it picked up the really fine sand and grit that I could feel on bottom yesterday, but I know it got a lot of junk out because it looks spotless and the little filter thing had a lot in it.

It runs on 5 D Cell batteries and for my needs is perfect -- I had been hand picking out all that junk and it was taking forever and I couldn't get a lot of the lighter stuff because when I approaced with my hand it would move. I have not other sort of vacuum (pump or garden hose) to compare it to, but for my needs it seems to work fine. The tiny pump and filter on the Easy-Set definitely would have never gotten that stuff out of there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.