Spa Heater Question

Apr 21, 2014
Austin, TX
Hi guys, I'd like to start off by saying I'm a complete pool newb... But this website has helped a TON on getting educated about our pool/spa!

We just bought a home that came with a pool and spa with spill over waterfall. Pretty much 0 information about the pool/spa or equipment was provided to us when we bought the home. Heck, the previous owners were even claiming they did not know the pool capacity. In any case, I digress...

We have some guests coming over in a little bit to take a dip in the spa so we decided to turn the heater on a few hours ago. We've noticed there's been very little change in spa temperature since the 3 hours we've had it on. It's gone from about 80 to 85 degrees since then. I guess what I'm asking is... Is the heater really only for "temperature control/maintenance"? Or is it intended to use as a hot tub?

The heater we have is a Pentair MiniMax Pro 400. We've removed the side panel to check the heating elements, and they all appear to be working just fine. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jordan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.