chlorine tablets now come in individual packets?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
chlorine tablets now come in individual packets?

I use tablets at start up to raise my CYA, i drain 1/3 of the water for winter closing.

Just bought a bucket of 3 inch tricolor tablets. They are all individual wrapped, what a mess. 4-6 where broken, and many had powder dust. Then the hassle of opening it packet.

preferred them unwrapped, but i guess they did that to reduce the super strong chlorine smell, but chlorine dust blowing every isn't much better.

Some manufacturers do that. I think that it's a bad idea. It's one of those ideas that might seem like a good idea in theory, but in the real world, it just doesn't work.

I know Leslie's does that ... so then you end up with powder flying every where while trying to open it and then all the wrappers with chlorine powder on them to deal with. Very annoying.

I noticed that some manufacturers started individually wrapping the Trichlor tabs in a bucket, but I thought it was due to hazardous material regulations since that lets one become exempt from labeling, placarding, and shipping paper requirements by getting under the "limited quantity" exception. To do that, one must have an inner packaging of no more than 1 kg (2.2 pounds) net weight of hazardous chemical and an outer packaging of no more than 30 kg (66 pounds) gross weight. See §173.152(b)(1) Exceptions for Division 5.1 (oxidizers) and Division 5.2 (organic peroxides).

I guess it could also limit humidity from coming in contact with every tablet each time you open the bucket. It should theoretically reduce the amount vapors that practically knock you out when you open the lid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.