Keypad on top of the intelliflo pump came off

maa3

May 10, 2009
Durham NC
Has anyone seen or have had the keypad on top of the intelliflo pump blow off/or burn up?
This just happened to us. There was a storm. When I got home the pump was not running so I checked it out and the keyboard part of the intelliflow control had popped up and when I tried to touch it sparks flew. Anyone know what we need to do in this case? I will try to upload a picture..

Thanks. I did call and that's exactly what they said. Cheapest I found online is $540 plus installation. It will probably take a week to get the part and get it fixed. I just started to get the chemicals balanced in the last few days in hopes of swimming this weekend -obviously that's not happening. Should I add bleach to try to keep the chlorine up and keep it from filling up with algae. How much and how frequently? We have a 22,000 gallon gunite pool with raised spa. What chlorine level should I aim for? Do I add some into the spa too?

You want to aim for the usual FC levels, which depend on the CYA level.

The best way to add chlorine without a pump, is to walk around the pool pouring chlorine slowly into the water, and then brush the entire pool to get it mixed in.

If you have a cover pump of sump pump, setting up a small pump to give you some circulation is way better than nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.