Going camping and here are my numbers. Do I need to adjust?

triplets&quads

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2008
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We will only be gone 4 days and I am not worried about my pool, but I am wondering if I should adjust any of my numbers before leaving. The water is beautiful and sparkly thanks to the wonderful people on this forum.

FC 4.5
CC 0
TC 4.5
Ph 7.5 - 7.8
TA 80
CYA 50

Is my TA and CYA too low? Should I lower my Ph?

PH and TA, CYA are fine, don't adjust.

Are you leaving your filter on? Covering? Having someone check or add chlorine? Floater?

Consider upping the chlorine to shock level before you go. Have fun, our 9 day trip (just returned) was camping in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.

If you have some experience with the SWG then you should be fine for four days. You might want to lower the PH a little, especially if you have been needing to lower PH regularly.

Longer term you should raise the CYA level to around 70-80. But I wouldn't do that or make any other changes you don't need to make until you get back.

[ Are you leaving your filter on? Covering? Having someone check or add chlorine? Floater? ]

We have a SWG, so I do not add extra chlorine, and I definitely do not use a floater! My pump cycles off and on with the SWG. I never cover my pool, and my sister in law lives next door, so I will have her check the skimmer while we are gone. My FC stays between 4 and 4.5. All of my numbers are very consistent day after day, but I was concerned about the CYA and TA being on the low side, and the Ph being a little high and if I should adjust any of them before leaving.

Oh I get it now, sorry a little fuzzy brained....I still have a lot to learn about SWGs and now I understand you are concerned about raising ph.....

So you don't need to add much chlorine with the SWG's? I still have so much to understand about how they work. Maybe I need a lesson in pool school....:)

It's good to have someone right next door!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.