filter cartrage question

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so im using the cartrage that came with my intex 633 and I understand my pool still has tiny junk floating in it but omg it only take like 4 minutes maybe 5 before the pressure drops a lot and by like 10 or so I need to pull it out to clean it, it stops the pressure completely almost......is the cartrage just junky cheap too? ill assume its not the best....is there a better one I can buy and could any of you send me a link to them? thanks so much

Yes the Intex cartridges are junk. Yes there are better replacements out there. There are a few threads that list the replacement part numbers. One of us would have to search for them :)

I don't know about Filbur, but the Unicel carts come with an instruction sheet on cleaning. It shows essentially the same process as the write-up in Pool School.

I use that method every third cleaning. Normal cleaning involves nothing more than a thorough spraying out of the pleats, all the way to the center. Be sure to use only hose pressure with the "jet nozzle" similar to this one. I picked one up from Dollar General for only a few $. Nothing fancy, just a sharp solid stream.

ok ive read pool scool (filter cleaning) and im a tad confused, it says I should use Baqua Clean on my filter before anything else and then do the soaking stuff after ive done that or how should I do it? plus what about " (synthetic DE) can be used in moderation" statement? sorry if my question sounds dumb

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.