Help clearing pool

Split by moderator from HERE. Please ask questions in your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

NOOB to pools here as well :)

I live near Nashville, TN and we had our pool finished last October. We decided not to cover our pool this year b/c we do not have a lot of trees near our pool and checked chemicals throughout the winter. Now that it's finally warming up I have been checking chemicals daily over the last 2-3 weeks and have tonights readings below. Readings are all within range, but the water is cloudy in the deep end and clear in the shallow end. I raised FC to shock levels 2 days ago (raised FC to 16) and cleared up briefly, but the next day looked cloudy again. Question, do I need to maintain shock levels in pools for a few days? Also, the saturation index for my pool is -.9 should that be a concern?

FC = 5
cc = 0
ta = 60
ch = 60
cya = 30
ph = 7.5
temp 69*

New pool startup questions

Read the SLAM process. Shock Level And Maintain until water is crystal clear, you pass the OCLT test and you have CC of 0.5 or less.
Your water will clear up pretty fast if you maintain the SLAM level.

Don't add any more CYA until you've completed the SLAM process, passed the OCLT and are ready to run your SWG every day. The high CYA level is recommended when you are using the SWG as your main source of chlorine. It allows for a shorter duty cycle on your SWG cell which should prolong it's life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.