above ground pool questions

Apr 24, 2014
Florida
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to pools and my wife and I would like to get either a 15' or 18' round pool. We are wanting a hard sided pool that's not going to break the bank but not fall apart. I was looking at a couple galvanized steel ones but I have concerns. I live in panama city fl and the air can get a bit salty. Will a pool like this hold up or will it rust like everything else metal?

Thanks! I'm trying to stay away from aluminum because it seems to be a lot more expensive than the steel ones. Do you think galvanized steel will hold up well down here? Or is there something I could do to ensure it doesn't rust? Also, any recommendations on a pool? Thanks for the replies.

You could look for a pool that is saltwater rated. They usually have resin top plates, resin rails, resin bottom rails, steel sides and steel uprights. Wilbur has some with up to 60ys warranty (Pro-rated probably good for 10 - 20 yrs in salt). These pools are usually have a better coating on the steel parts. I purchased the Saltwater 8000 pool http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/72076-Building-27-AG-Pool and did a DIY install. Also consider the depth of the water you want AG pools come in 48", 52" and 54" depths. Some mfg. call them hybrid pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.