Calling the experts for CYA Dial in....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Water temp is up to 73 so I retested CYA since last test was with very cold water.

Level is 30ppm. first test was 35 ppm on mid 50s water temp.

Pool is in full sun from sun rise to sun set

Right now with no use, its consuming 2 ppm of FC per day. (Goal is 5, its at 3 ppm every morning at 830 - 900 am when I test and add 20 oz of bleach to bring up to 5 again) this has been consistant for two weeks straight. CC is zero every day. pH is 7.7 - 7.9 every day.

I feel that since the range is 30-50, and im right there at the bottom of the spectrum, that I should add some stabilizer and get it up to 40 ppm.

what do you guys think?

leave it alone or up it to what?

thanks.

I think a CYA level of 40 is good. Depends on what the FC loss is when you get further into the season with bather load and more direct sun. It's what I keep mine at and I get a lot of sun. Some pools demand a higher level. You can leave it where it is now and raise it later when the FC loss starts to increase. How much sun does the pool get ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.