SWG Help

am350z

Apr 24, 2014
houston
Hello all. I am new here, have browsed the forum but need some suggestions. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time.

I have Polaris Auto Clear Plus SWG that has a bad cell. The cell is no longer made. The cell is covered under a home warranty plan and they have offered to replace it with a SGT brand Breeze 540 rate at 40k g. I have never heard of this brand.

My other option is a cash out of about $900 and choose my own brand, installation company and pay any difference. I have read good reviews about Autopilot but the only installer in my area quoted 12-1800 just for installation plus parts which seems high. So my questions are: Anyone heard of SGT? Is that installion fee for the Autopilot reasonable. It is the digital not Total Control. Could I self install the autopilot?

Background:

25gallon, all tile salt pool with pool/spa combo, DE filter, lots of water features (5 total pumps), Polaris 480 pro cleaner. Full jandy automation.

Thanks again to all.

I think you must be talking about an SGS Breeze 540. A search on the Trouble Free Pool site only turns up a few posts, but nothing negative is said about it. Judging from pictures of the control panel, it looks like the output can only be adjusted in 20% steps, like the Pentair SWGs. My concern would be the availability of replacement cells and other parts.

The installation cost for the Autopilot seems about right if it includes installation and parts. Autopilots get good reviews, but they are also more expensive than other brands.

I think you must be talking about an SGS Breeze 540. A search on the Trouble Free Pool site only turns up a few posts, but nothing negative is said about it. Judging from pictures of the control panel, it looks like the output can only be adjusted in 20% steps, like the Pentair SWGs. My concern would be the availability of replacement cells and other parts.

The installation cost for the Autopilot seems about right if it includes installation and parts. Autopilots get good reviews, but they are also more expensive than other brands.

I think that 12-1800 was just installation. So any opinion on autopilot vs hayward?

Yes, you are correct. It is sgs, i only found one post here that almost sound like an advertisement.

If that 12-1800 is not total (equipment + install), run away from that guy. There is no way that is a reasonable price.

I think Autopilot is a little higher-end maybe with more bells and whistles, but the Hayward has been around a long time and very easy to find parts and help if you have a problem.

Hayward is very common and well reviewed and will get the job done. Autopilot is also well reviewed and will get the job done. Autopilot has additional features that you might me interested in. I'm quoting from Jason Lion from another thread: "The two noticeable extras [of the Autopilot] are a large alpha/numeric display that says things in English instead of codes, and automatic temperature compensation which increases the chlorine output as the temperature increases." If those features are of interest to you, go for the Autopilot. If not, you will save money by going with Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.