How do I secure solar heater to rack?

Apr 9, 2013
So I'm almost done with the rack build, slope is about 30 degrees. How do I attach the heater to the rack? FAFCO makes a mounting kit, but it looks like it's just straps and connectors. Is there a cheaper or a way I can avoid buying that kit? Hoping there a solution at Home Depot.

Thanks Again!

EMT conduit strap might work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halex-2-...Tube-EMT-1-Hole-Conduit-Strap-61125/100165738

Might need to cut off part of the curved part to not interfere with the small tubes.

- - - Updated - - -

But, .... you need to be careful and not tie down both headers because the panels do expand and contract. My Heliocol alligator clamps allow the bottom header to move so as to not stress the tubes.

Header and coupler diameter vary with brands, so you need to be sure anything you use will fit. Some brands ship with 2 hole conduit straps similar to the one Jason posted. (I know the TechnoSolis basic mount is one of these style metal straps dipped in plastic)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.