Hard plumb Intex Floating Skimmer

Beens

TFP Expert
Jul 22, 2013
Virginia Beach, Va
I wonder if anyone has tried this. When searching the forum for "hard plumb intex skimmer" I just get all the hard plumbed intex pools with hayward skimmers.

I don't want to lower my water level so I have ruled out a through wall skimmer.

I just noticed the hose I use to connect my skimmer to the wall inlet is cracked and an idea popped into my head,

Instead of buying another cheap 3' lowes hose to replace it, what if I just buy a few pvc pieces and hard plumb that thing? Probably easier to just stick with the hose... but I'm entertaining the idea at least.

Is there anyone in the world (of tfp) that has done this?

The main problem I'm coming up with is I don't use the skimmer all the time so I'd need a way to maybe detach the plumbing from the intake. Right now I just pull the hose out and leave it hanging there until I want to hook it up again.

Maybe start with a union? Can I even use that underwater?

I definitely have sparklypoolitis...I should just buy another hose. lol

The problem is that it floats, and the water level varies over time. To hard plumb the portion inside the pool you would need to make some kind of telescoping fitting that would allow it to rise and fall with the water level. That is going to be difficult. I recommend getting a new piece of hose to replace the one that is cracked.

Yeah. I didn't think of that. I forgot I have to loosen the nut on the bracket and slide it up and down depending on the water level.

I was also thinking of making a different bracket for it somehow with pvc because it's hard to make it stay level with the actual intex piece that attaches to the side of the pool. Maybe I'll focus on a new way to attach it to the pool and just buy a hose for the skimmer bottom to inlet part.

It actually works pretty good for what it is...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.