Dave V from Brisbane, Australia

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled across this forum and it looks great!

As stated in the subject heading I'm from Brisbane in Queensland, Australia (any other aussies out there?). I've got an old concrete 55000 L (approx 15000 gal) pool in dire need of a makeover so I'm hoping to get some great advice and tips for fixing it up.

Cheers,
Dave

Wow! thanks for all the quick replies and warm welcome :-D

Yes, it is winter here but our maximum today was 23C (73F) so it's not too cold. In any case the pool is in no condition for swimming as it is empty and awaiting renovation. Hopefully it will be up and running by October.

I've just been reading "Pool School" and it is simply brilliant. It's the first time I've found all the information on pools in the one location.

What kind of pool?

One of our members just completely refinished his inground pool. It's an amazing piece of work which he chronicled with photos and details on his Website. Here is the link to the thread within which you'll find a link to his photos. This is an amazing piece of work!

Thanks for the link to DIY pool renovation.

Our pool is about 30 years old and is the 70's style oval shape. It is concrete with a worn out marble sheen coating. I don't have the time or skills to tackle a large project so we will be getting a contractor for the job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support