Stenner high vs. low pressure

Feb 25, 2010
I've notice most go with the high pressure Stenner pump, and I'm fine doing just that also (haven't ordered yet). But is there any reason why a low-pressure unit wouldn't work just as well? Pressures are very low in my system with a VS pump.

Gary

Without going into the whole story, The high and low pressure pumps, are exactly the same bodies. There are a couple of tubes that aren't capable of handling the higher pressures but all the common tubes are.
The biggest difference between the high pressure and low pressure pumps is that the high pressure model comes with a check valve injection fitting and the low pressure model just has an open injection fitting. The difference is that if you get a tubing leak the check valve will stop the pool pump from squirting water out of the injection port whereas the open injection fitting would allow water to squirt out until the pump was stopped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.