Test Kit

Like Jason said there is a good write up on what you need and why in pool school, or (for now) you can skip that and just order the TF-100, XL option is best if your pool is green. Link in my signature, while you wait for it to come in I would suggest reading all of pool school a couple of times, link is in the upper right of this page.

Ike

If you want to just buy what you'll need once and be done with it and have no regrets, get what I have:

TF100 with XL option and a speedstir. Yes, it's a chunk o'change, but it's a one-time thing. One trip to the pool store to buy all their testing reveals will be more than that. You'll need refills probably next year, but that goes with any test kit. And no, I have no financial stake in the company.

Reasoning: 1) More realistic quantities of the reagents you use most.
2) The XL option is because you have less than a 1% chance of a pool store carrying the FAS-DPD refills. The others are standard Taylor stuff, so if you run out unexpectedly, you can buy them locally. But not the FAS-DPD stuff. Get it now.
3) The speedstir makes the tests easy, fun, and accurate. Nobody who has bought one regrets it. Nobody. Use the search box for threads with speedstir in the title and you'll see what I mean.

Once the test kit is ordered, go read Pool School until you feel like this :crazy: Once the kit arrives, and you run a few tests and add some chemicals and see the results, it will suddenly all make sense.

TFP will offer advice to all members regardless of what test kit they own or where they purchase the kit from. Part of that advice however must contain the negatives of test kits such as the ColorQ. These include the higher price (almost 2x higher the TF-100), limited chlorine range (0-10 on ColorQ), and results that we've found from past use that are wildly inaccurate.

A search will show multiple results where users were dissatisfied with this product for various reasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.