Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it can be left in place. Most people don't move it but some need to because it's in a structure that they don't want to flood with water or would be difficult to clean up the junk that comes out of the filter during the process so they chose to take it out of the system and do the deep cleaning in a different location.

Having recently deep cleaned my filter, something to be aware of is the NEXT time you backwash be prepared for some very dirty water. While I likely should have deep cleaned longer than I did, I suspect the deep cleaning process loosened up crud that my deep cleaning did not wash out from the sand filter and/or refreshed sand just cleans a whole lot better!

I should note that in my case, I could NOT detach the sand filter from the system because the installation of my sand filter left only an inch or so on each side of the filter (thus preventing me from moving the filter without first emptying a good amount of the sand.

Whatever the explanation, just be ready! I'd like to add my thanks to Smykowski too - your video was reassuring and a great resource!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.