Hayward Ultra- Replaced Almost Everything and still no luck!

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hey guys, my Hayward is about 7 years old and usually new shoes and bearing change tunes it right up, but its been non-cooperative.
It basically stalls in water, no movement. Sometimes I find it sort of on its side and not making full contact with floor. It doesnt clean at all.
When I take it out of the water to inspect, the pods seem to get stuck when I move them even though I just replaced them.

Here is what I have replaced:
Pod Shoes
Pods
Wings
Bearings
Turbine
A-Frame

Here is some of the stuff I havent replaced that might be suspect:
Gear Box (mine looks clean and all parts look good inside, but I could be wrong??)
Top Gear Kit (seems harder than normal to turn, but Im not sure.)
Upper body cone (again, seems harder to turn)

Any suggestions on what I should try or how to diagnose which part should be replaced next??? I feel like I could buy a new one, but Im determined to get this sucker going! :)

Possible answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I am starting to think that my genuine hayward replacement a frame is mismanufactured. I also think its happened to other ppl too bc the same thing happebed with the a frame installed by my pool store. The chrome ends seem of a frame are sticking out a bit at the center aqua plastic overlay. Also the a frame wheels do not fit exactly against the plastic. It's almost like its a bit too big. If this true this is extremely disappointing and probably has affected a lot of people. I mean, I bought tons and tons of parts. Has this happened to anyone? I'll post a pic!

Well I spoke too soon. It's moving so slow in pool, getting stuck on pool drain. I guess I might need a pool drain clip on to prevent that, but that was never an issue before.

My filter PSI is 22 and filter is moderately clean (I hose it off when PSI is at 30), but I guess it could use a degreaser clean. Ive never used degreaser to clean filter.

This is how I have my valves set, maybe something is set wrong, maybe not enough suction. I dont have the suction tester.

IMAG1514-1_zpsc2086714.jpg

I eventually got mine to work 95% of the time without getting stuck. I have to shut the main drain down to 25% open to get the full suction needed from the skimmer line open 100%. My filter runs @ 20psi after backwash. I did change the setting to the 3 spot too on the unit. I think this has helped it not to get stuck in the corners as much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.