DIY build begins in TN

Sseaman

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
Some of you saw my previous post started last fall for the planning of our DIY build. The pool kits has been ordered and will be delivered on Friday. The dig was scheduled for Monday but with rain in the forecast I am hoping they can squeeze it in Saturday. We can hardly wait to have it finished and be swimming. Here are the pics of where it is starting to the deck being removed.
a8u8anuj.jpg
5upezyte.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm second guessing myself with the plumbing, any feedback would be appreciated.
There will be 3 returns down 1 side of the pool, should they all be individual 2" runs to the pump pad?
steps jets in the steps at both ends, can each pair be tied together and ran 2' back to pad?
2 Skimmers opposite side of returns, 2" run each back to pad?
2 deck jets, thinking these both need to run all the way back so we can adjust if needed? 1 1/2" ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is looking great!

There will be 3 returns down 1 side of the pool, should they all be individual 2" runs to the pump pad? I think 1 run of 2" would be ok for all 3 returns.
steps jets in the steps at both ends, can each pair be tied together and ran 2' back to pad? Yes, I think they can be.
2 Skimmers opposite side of returns, 2" run each back to pad? I only have one skimmer, but I think 1 run would be ok.
2 deck jets, thinking these both need to run all the way back so we can adjust if needed? 1 1/2" ? Deck jets need to be a continuous loop around the pool. Running them back individually certainly will work, and will work better giving you flexibility to adjust each one but mine (4) are on 1 run of 2" all the way around.

Not much visually has changed but we got the concrete collar poured, it was the hottest day yet this year and 8 yards of concrete was not easy. Also had 46ton of rock delivered for the fill and patio base. Hopefully start plumbing tomorrow.

Good Luck with your plumbing! Hope it cools down enough to work comfortably outside instead of being miserable.

We enjoyed swimming this weekend, still waiting for the pump to be connected but have been keeping it clean and keeping the chlorine level up with bleach. A lot has been done on the patio and bath.
tadamyda.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.