Pool Liner looks a little stained in areas

Jun 29, 2008
:goodjob: My pool liner vinyl is stained in some areas where I guess the leaves sat over the winter. I am curious will that go away with usage this summer or is there something that needs to be done to improve the look of the stained liner???

Organic stains tend to return as FC levels drop. Happens to me. Hopefully you caught yours in time and frequent brushing and higher levels of FC will eliminate them. I don't have live algae but I do have stains that return to the same place if the levels drop below 2ppm. So I don't let it drop below 4ppm :mrgreen:

They are ugggglyy.....I posted pics of mine on here last year. I always raise the chlorine before pool parties, I'm so ashamed.... :oops:

What do you keep your levels at for them to be 'high'???

Do you mean you keep it to the top of your range taking into consideration your CYA, or do you keep it above that number but under the number for shock?

Like if your CL range for your CYA is 4-8 and it's 12 for shock, do you take yours to 8 to get the stains to subside, or do you take it up to somewhere between 8 and 12?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.