Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Liner looks a little stained in areas

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Liner looks a little stained in areas

My pool liner vinyl is stained in some areas where I guess the leaves sat over the winter. I am curious will that go away with usage this summer or is there something that needs to be done to improve the look of the stained liner???

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Liner looks a little stained in areas

That sounds like organic staining. Organic stains will fade over time, or you can raise the pool to shock level to speed it along.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Organic stains tend to return as FC levels drop. Happens to me. Hopefully you caught yours in time and frequent brushing and higher levels of FC will eliminate them. I don't have live algae but I do have stains that return to the same place if the levels drop below 2ppm. So I don't let it drop below 4ppm

They are ugggglyy.....I posted pics of mine on here last year. I always raise the chlorine before pool parties, I'm so ashamed....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

What do you keep your levels at for them to be 'high'???

Do you mean you keep it to the top of your range taking into consideration your CYA, or do you keep it above that number but under the number for shock?

Like if your CL range for your CYA is 4-8 and it's 12 for shock, do you take yours to 8 to get the stains to subside, or do you take it up to somewhere between 8 and 12?
    26,000 gal liner IG pool
    Doughboy with concrete construction
    Full sun most of the day
    1.5 hp pump system
    200lb sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

How high you need to bring FC to remove organic stains isn't a fixed number, higher is faster but lower will work eventually.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School