can't remove the eyeball ring

Apr 23, 2014
Florida
We had our pool resurfaced a couple of years ago but when the people that did it did not remove the eyeball or the ring they just surfaced around it. Some how our cleaner sucked out the eyeball but I can't get a hold of the ring to remove it is there something that I can use to remove it without damaging the surface of my pool or is there some thing else I could use. My pool is a masionite "concrete" pool with one inline and one out.

This is the answer. :goodjob:

Just be careful, and go easy. it will come loose.

Looks like I may have to chisel around the eyeball to remove it for I can't get locking pliers around it or anything else for one side is so far into the wall that there is less than 1/4 of an inch sticking out. Unless I can use an eyeball removal tool to force it out or back the threads farther in and pop the cap in enough to loosen it from the wall.

I borke the eyeball locking ring top portion that held the eyeball in but the ring is still in the wall I got the Pool Fitting Eyeball Seat Removal Tool and bent the heck out of it trying to remove the seat, the seat went in a little but I cant get it to losen does anyone know if someone makes a metal one that has a handle??

I got the metal eyeball removal tool and got all of it out. I had to remove the seat out first before I could remove the locking ring "I wanted to know I could get those out before I got a new eyeball set". Now where they out the Masonite around the locking ring the new one won't go up into it "thank goodness" is there some sort of gasket or silicon that I can put around it so it well look nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.