Finally my DIY pool in Gonzales, Louisiana

Jul 31, 2009
Gonzales, La
This venture has been several years in the making. Always something coming up an putting off my build. Well I can't stop now. This past Monday we started our pool build. I'm contracting out all the subs myself but not doing the actual work. I'll list a few specifics for you

15x36 total with a 6' tanning ledge on one end.
3.5 to 6' deep
Pentair 3HP variable speed pump
Pentair CNC 420 filter
Pentair Easytouch automation panel
Pentair 5G LED light
Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump
(3) bubblers on the tanning ledge
(4) deck jets (two on each side of the pool)
St. Louis Brick coping
Diamond Brite plaster(color still up in the air

The shed in the background will be a future pool house(once the junk is cleaned out). I will be changing the front facade to brick to match the house, coping and brick work when I pour the concrete.

Wish us luck,
Todd

Looks good! I'm sure it's hard to contain your excitement, though balanced by the stress of the build.

That sounds nice for the shed closest to the pool. How about the one to the left of it? Looks a little more...dated.

I would say that the picture of French Gray on the Diamond Brite website (or rather the water color it creates) it not correct at all. I have not seen one pool with a gray based plaster that has any hint of green to the water color. (Once you get past the initial tinge of green from the fill water that is - a few days at most after filtration is going.) In fact, I'd say that your renderings above are a good representation of French Grey water on a cloudy day. In brite sunlight the water will still be steel blue but just lighter.

Looks good! I'm sure it's hard to contain your excitement, though balanced by the stress of the build.

That sounds nice for the shed closest to the pool. How about the one to the left of it? Looks a little more...dated.

Thanks for the info on the Diamond Bright. We have been leaning towards Tahoe Blue. We are way past ready for the pool. As for the building on the left. It on the adjacent property and my neighbor stores hay for his cows and horses. So it stays. Once the fence is up you will not see it.

Todd

Worked last night. Got in bed around 4:30 am. Around 7am the dog wakes me up barking so I get up to see what the fuss was all about. Walk out to find rebar crew already hanging steel in the hole. And they had been there for a while already. Came back out a few hours later and look at the progress they are making.

It really shows when you have people that know what they are doing. Standing here listening to these guys call out commands to each other and watching them work like two well oiled machines is great to see. So far I have accomplished to find two great subs. Things are moving fast. Electrician coming later today to do bonding, bonding inspection this evening or early in the morning and gunite scheduled to be shot Saturday morning. Now that's quick!!!

It really shows when you have people that know what they are doing. Standing here listening to these guys call out commands to each other and watching them work like two well oiled machines is great to see. So far I have accomplished to find two great subs. Things are moving fast. Electrician coming later today to do bonding, bonding inspection this evening or early in the morning and gunite scheduled to be shot Saturday morning. Now that's quick!!!

It makes you wonder why it takes some PBs so long to finish a pool doesn't it!

Looking great and you are making lightning fast progress!

It makes you wonder why it takes some PBs so long to finish a pool doesn't it!

Looking great and you are making lightning fast progress!

I think it has a lot to do with builders over extending their ability to build a few quality pools versus as many as they can get contracts for. Then they have the limited sub crews around town running from pool builder to pool builder. My digger/plumber got out of the pool business full time a few years ago and is wanting to do a few pools a year like mine to make alittle extra cash.

Rebar and bonding complete. Awaiting bonding inspection and gunite scheduled for Saturday morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations on your start. It looks like you are working with good people. Everything looks clean! Your timing couldn't have been better. The rain in Feb and March was crazy ... and you started right in the middle of the first dry run we've had in a long time. I was not so lucky.

Best of luck on the rest of your build.

I just saw your old thread talking about trucking in water vs water from your well. If you go that route I would try to find out the source of it (processed river water?) and get a copy of the test report on it. If it is municipal water tests should be on file with the local government. You may be better off going with your well.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.