Loss of pressure at filter

Aug 26, 2012
Herndon, Va
I notice recently that I have lost about 10psi at my filter. I've gone through everything that I can think of to resolve the issue, but I'm not sure where to look now.

Yesterday I went out and backwashed the filter and I notice that when I put the multiport to backwash I gauge went up by 10psi, but then back down 10 psi after I returned the valve to filter.

Do you think that the multiport is leaking or could it be something within the filter housing?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

I am getting a lot of water via the returns so some how it isn't developing pressure...is it possible that the water is going into the filter but not going through the panels, basically just running through the filter and not filtering?

It is rather odd to me that the pressure while backwashing is higher than when filtering. I have never see that be the case. Usually there is less resistance after the filter just out a pipe than there is when going all the way back to the pool and through eyeball returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.