Getting started???

I have been lurking your site for about a year now. We are having our pool installed in about a week. I have decided I want to give the BBB method a go. I have read over several post and notes and there is one thing I have not seen or I have missed it. In what order when starting do you add what. Example, Stabilizer first? PH corrected first. I thought I remember reading a specific order in which o start. I am sure I will have more questions. Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome!

It will depend on the instructions the your pool builder gives you. Are they starting the dig in a week or it will be done in a week?

Since you are going with Diamond Brite, you will follow their startup instructions based on your test results. Just like Dave said, have one of the recommended test kits on the ready.

Here is an example of the startup order that Diamond Brite requires to maintain your warranty:

http://sgm.cc/html/fill_and_balancing.html

Test your fill water ... that will give you a good idea what you will be starting with. Although note that your CYA will be zero, so you will certainly need to add that and chlorine.

Actually my signature did not save properly. I am not so lucky to be getting an inground it is a 24' above ground. I did order the Taylor k2006 kit and will post my readings once it gets installed next Friday. Thanks

You will still have a great pool experience in the 24ft above ground pool. Sorry you couldn't get the inground. I wasn't so lucky either. lol

As other's have noted, check the water and see how it looks and go from there. If your pH is high, bring it down and then add your CYA and then some chlorine. :)

First, get some baseline numbers by testing your water. When I started up last year, I used the guide on here for temporary pools (which is in pool school but I can't seem to find it right now) and I used the bags of "shock" which was dichlor. The guide told me how much to use based on how many gallons my pool was and I added so much every day which instantly gives you chlorination (most important first thing) and brought my cya up to goal. Then I used 8% bleach. In the next few weeks, I focused on bringing my TA down gradually to goal by using a ton it seemed of muriatic acid and keeping my pH around 7. (Also a pool school lesson).

I checked my pool every day for TC and pH and never had a single problem all summer. Opened up last weekend to a clear pool. ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.