Pump pressure is too high

Apr 22, 2014
San Antonio
Hello,

I haven't been able to figure this out and the big box pool companies just give me maybes with no definite answer. The pressure of my pump is 30 psi when the filter is in, after the filter is cleaned. Without the filter in, it's still 15psi. When the filter is in, the pool water doesn't even move at all, leading to algae growth, and also, the chlorine tabs don't get enough water flow in to dissolve. It's awful, and I need it fixed, but I don't want to get screwed by a pool company in the process. Any help?

Welcome to the forum. :lol: It sounds like your filter has done exactly what you want it to do.....filter junk from your pool. Unfortunately, it is so clogged up with junk the water can no longer circulate. YOu likely need to thoroughly clean that filter or perhaps get a new one if it is hopelessly clogged.

If you don't want to get screwed by a pool company, you will have to learn the things we teach here about Pool Water Chemistry.

Proper balance of your pool water will preclude that junk (algae) growing in your pool to clog the filter in the first place.

I would start with the ABC's of Pool water Chemistry in Pool School.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: It sounds like your filter has done exactly what you want it to do.....filter junk from your pool. Unfortunately, it is so clogged up with junk the water can no longer circulate. YOu likely need to thoroughly clean that filter or perhaps get a new one if it is hopelessly clogged."

But here's the problem...the second I put the filter in, it shoots right up to 30psi. No time for junk to accumulate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.