London Ontario Atlantis Pools - negative reviews - any further opinions?

Apr 22, 2014
London
Thanks for the great website!

I'm shopping for a pool builder in London Ontario, I want to put in a gunite pool and I'm looking at working with Atlantis Pools-- ---

I've heard some very negative information about this company and I'm feeling very leery about working with this company.

Has anyone else heard anything else about Atlantis Pools?

Can anyone refer me to a gunite pool builder in London Ontario or the area?

Thanks so much-
Johnny

Edited out Link and specific negative info per Forum Rules----Leebo

Welcome to the forum :wave:

The best way to vet out pool contractors is to interview several of them and contact anyone you know who has used their services. Through face-to-face dialogue, you will often get a feeling of who you are comfortable with. From my experience with contractors in general, I can tell you one warning sign of a shady contractor...if they quote you a price and then say something along the lines of "we are running a special where we can give you x% off if you sign the contract today" or "Let me call my manager and see if I can get you a discount." The manager almost always grants the "discount", but it is contingent on you signing today. I would immediately show these guys to the door.

I would also take internet reviews with a grain of salt. Someone can sign up on a review board who is in the industry and write a negative review on a competitor. Not sure if there is an Angie's List or equivalent reference service in Canada, but if there is , that would be another resource. Yes, this is an internet resource, but it is a paid one and that usually reduces the number of trolls.

While I would encourage members to refer contractors with whom they have had a good experience with, I also caution anyone from posting overly negative reviews on any contractor. As a forum, we do our best to provide pool-related assistance, but we are not an internet review board. Plus, the company who is the victim of an overly negative post cannot provide their side of the story. As a result, any post that is considered to be an overly-negative rant will be removed and the thread locked if it veers off into a downward spiral.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.