Question on pool pump GPH rating

pjb

Jun 15, 2008
I need some quick help and I can't find the answer from the manufacturers website. I have a Waterway 2HP 2-speed pump that I am selling on eBay and someone wants to know the GPH. I have no idea and cannot find it from Waterway's site. The pump motor is actually made by A.O. Smith. Would anyone know the answer to this for me? Thanks in advance.

First, pool pumps are generally specified in GPM via the pump's head curve. So there is no single answer to his question. It depends on the plumbing head loss. However, you can point him to this site which has head curves for two different waterway pumps. Hopefully, one of them is similar to yours.

pjb said:
I need some quick help and I can't find the answer from the manufacturers website. I have a Waterway 2HP 2-speed pump that I am selling on eBay and someone wants to know the GPH. I have no idea and cannot find it from Waterway's site. The pump motor is actually made by A.O. Smith. Would anyone know the answer to this for me? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have an intex pool owner looking to upgrade.

They certainly wouldn't want to upgrade to this it was way too much for my 24-ft AG with a 250-lb sand filter. I think you are right though because earlier she emailed me wanting to know if it came with a filter and how expensive were they to replace. I should have known then that she wasn't needing what I have and I told her that all I have is a pump. Oh well, I may just tell her I have no idea. I don't want to get tangled up with someone who isn't sure of what she needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.