pool light

Feb 24, 2008
I have a 16x32 IG pool with a 6' deep end and was wondering If a 300 watt light was enough or should I go with the 500 watt. I don't want the light to be too bright but figured I could put colored lenses to dim it out some. Also has anyone put a dimmer switch on their light?

I have the 500 watt light in the box but I can still exchange it for the 300 watt.

Any input on what works for you is helpful.

Thanks
Anthony

I have a 20x40 vinyl liner pool with a single light in the deep end. It had a 500 watt light that lit up the whole pool, it was pretty bright in the deep end but OK. I recently switched it out with a colored led type replacement that I like quite a bit. Is your pool a light color? My liner is a pretty light color and I quess that would make a difference.

I would go with the 500 watt light. If you find that the light is too bright once water is in the pool, you could merely replace the 500 watt bulb with a 300 watt bulb. Much easier to do this than to have the other situation - i.e. having a 300 watt fixture and needing a 500 watt bulb.

Titanium

Good idea, I never thought of that. I think the bulbs are around $50 - $60. I'd really like to put an LED in but price is too high right now for me, there are other things I need to do first.

Thanks
Anthony

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.