Better pump for Intex 12' X 30"

Apr 18, 2014
Los Angeles USA
Now I'm thinking about getting a cheap Intex 12' x 30" round. My dog needs therapy, and I'm looking for something that will last a few months. I have heard that the pump that comes with the pool usually does not last more that 30 -60 days then it dies, just under warranty. I do not want a sand filter system. I'd like to use the Unicel cartridge Is there another third party pump, that's not too costly, I can purchase and hook up to the small pool?

I thought many members have gotten the Intex 2650 pump with sand filter as a very reasonably priced upgrade for these smaller pools.

I would not look at the Hayward pumps/filters for such a small pool ... you will end up spending way more for them than for the pool I think.

Jase is right about the intex 2650 sand filter, they are a nice little upgrade and wont break the bank... The only reason I went with Hayward is my pool is really long and rectangle...18 feet long, so I wanted something that will really move the water around, round pools can get better circulation so the intex 2650 upgrade should be fine... My last pool was a bestway, very similar to intex, and I ran that filter for 8 hours a day.... I had it on a timer and never ran it for longer than 2-3 hours at a time, then off for an hour, it doesn't burn the pump out from long run times and it gets a break..... :) Get a test kit, read pool school, master the basics and you'll have an awesome summer with your puppy... :)

For that small a pool, the 56635 (1500 gph) Intex pump would be a good deal. That one takes the Intex A or C carts. Unicel C-4607 carts. Or if you want a LOT of whirlpool action, the 56633 (2500 gph) would be a good choice. Takes Intex B carts, Unicel C-5315.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.