Broken skimmer basket rim

The skimmer rim of my pool is chipped in several places such that the skimmer basket is sucked down repeatedly. I don't have any pieces to reconstruct with epoxy. Any suggestions? Thanks

I had a similar problem with my Hayward skimmer. I just quit using it thinking it was broken and not repairable. Come to find out the ring that the basket sits in is not molded into the assembly and is easily replaceable. I found one in my local Leslie's store for about $10.

This happened to mine this winter (or perhaps a previous winter since this is my first year with this pool). Here's what mine looked like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptca04qx732us6/20140409_172002.jpg

Mine seemed to be fixed/glued to the skimmer bucket while the pool guy insisted that they are always free floating and can be replaced. I'd check the pool store/online.

Have never heard of pool putty. I was going to use white outdoor window/door caulk to repair mine as pool is still winterized/below skimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.