cant get it clean

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so heres my dumbness... my 14 ft intex was pretty much left uncovered last cold season so between then and 2 days ago, oh my god the **** in there....I swear so many leafs I could fill 2 outdoor garbage bags and im sure im not done yet and so much slimey gunck a vac and my newly installed 633 2500 gph pump cant handle it....the filter gets gloged in less then 3 minutes, so ive started to drain the pool and it should be done by later today, I thought id go in there and get out as much as I can with my net and ewwwwww my hands and then fill it up, im not rich so what can I use (products) to keep my water nice and clear and clean other then a cover once it gets cold again? and should I run my 633 pump 4 hours a day?.....as many helpful comments will help thanks

For a pool that size - assuming water isn't too expensive - you are probably better off doing a drain/refill. I didn't close my pool for the winter, but I do take care to look at it several times a week and scoop out anything that falls in there. If we had trees then I would invest in a cover, but no trees means that I just scoop things out after a storm, before anything has time to start becoming food for algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.