Looking for a Houston pool builder inside the loop

Sep 30, 2012
Houston,Tx
Blue Haven came out Friday, but I don't want to go with them. Their price seemed very high too. Platinum is coming out tomorrow and Hipp Thursday. I tried Atlantis and some others. Many won't build inside the loop. The problem is all pool builders are in the suburbs.

I am looking for a 75-80 perimeter, flag stone edge, 300sqft of decking, vs pump, heater, salt, led light, waterfall, about 12foot of weeping wall, pebble finish. Trying to figure out about how much this will cost. I was hoping to come in under 35K

Is it cheaper to have another company come do the decking?

Be ready for sticker shock. I sent you a PM. I was able to stay within my budget. You might be able to hit that price point but I think more realistically 40 -50k depending if you are going to get a spa.

I'm assuming also you are in a more established neighborhood, which means you run a risk of a gas line running thought the middle of your yard, which might need to be re routed. (I had a friend in the heights who ran into this issue.)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I agree w rodog on the sticker shock...hardly anything comes in under 40K and that is bare-bones.

My suggestion is to go to the BBB in Houston and if any pool company has over 1 complaint, and it is not resolved, you are asking for potential trouble. I will also send you a PM

Good luck,
tstex

If you haven't already signed, I would certainly call Ultimate Pools & Spa. Scott Rush-281.253.6756. He may work inside the loop (he's out of Baytown, but his subs are from all over). Customer service and no BS-attitude was great; finished my build (as promised) less than 3 weeks. I'm 2 years into our pool and he still answers my dumb-questions and stands by all his work.

I live in the Woodlands & we had 3 bids

try Spring pools , he had the lowest bare bones price of $36.5k (w/spa)
(we spent almost twice that though :crazy: !!)

Hipp has a good reputation but also the reputation as most Expen$ive builder out here

Woodlands Pool Co built our pool

also try Eastex Pools out of Kingwood
several of my friends from work used them & Bill Kenny has been building pools for 30+ yrs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.