iOS Application

Apr 19, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone ever thought of an iOS application and/or android application? I know about the Tapatalk app for the forum section, but was thinking more about the PoolMath program and related information. I think it would work nicely on a native app for the phone. It works on the phone browser, I know. Just curious if there had been any thought towards it. I write iOS applications for my full-time job (among the various other things that I do) and think it could be done fairly simply if I had all of the calculations that go into the PoolMath program.

I write iOS applications for my full-time job (among the various other things that I do) and think it could be done fairly simply if I had all of the calculations that go into the PoolMath program.
Pretty sure all the calculations are available to you if you look at the source code of PoolMath.

So, I downloaded the Pool Calculator, didn't like it. So I wrote my own! Haha still testing it to make sure it works correctly. Added a feature to where it will keep track of all of your tests and let you import them into the pool math calculations. Haven't decided if I will publish it or not (would require buying my own iOS developer license since I wouldn't be able to publish it through my employers license).

On my iPad, I just went to Pool Math, tapped the little export button on the upper left of the screen (the one that lets you email, twitter or Facebook the page your on) and I tapped the "add to Home Screen" option. That added a button on my home screen that takes me directly to Pool Math. Pool Math also retains my pool info so I don't have to re-enter it every time I use it. :party:

Oh, I then also did the same with the TFP web site. I made a folder on the homepage, placed both the TFP and the pool math icons into the folder. I now have quick access to both. No app needed.

oh, I forgot, I also added the icon for TFTestkits.com so I don't have to go hunting for that either. All three in one tidy little package on my home screen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea, it looks like most people just use the PoolMath webpage. Don't get me wrong, that's a handy tool and I like it. But I like coding, so I wrote my own native app, haha. I even added a feature that lets me keep track of what chemicals I have added. And it lets me email my test results to friends (the pool is kind of a "family" maintained pool with three households keeping an eye on it since all of us work too dang much).

Primaeq, sounds like fun. I don't code but I do usually tweak things beyond the norm so I understand where you're coming from. My son is the same way. It's kind of like working mental puzzles. My parents always told us to exercise it brains. They were so right!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.