Looking for new pool cleaner

JTS

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2010
I am looking for a new pool cleaner. I have a Polaris 280 that isn't cleaning as well as it use to. I mainly stays in the deep end of the pool and doesn't clean the shallow areas.

I live in dusty area and mainly have a fine silt that settles in the pool. The 280 never really was good at cleaning it unless I used the silt bag lined with womens tights inside. I am thinking I would like some kind of robot to clean the pool. The main concern is that it would be able to clean the fine powdery dust that settles in the pool. My tanning ledge has some places to set drink on that stick out of the water. So I think I need a cleaner that will just clean the pool floor and not get on the tanning ledge. I'm willing to spend enough to get a good cleaner. Attached is a picture of my pool.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

2012-05-25T21-57-12.jpg

It sure sounds like a robot will do what you want. That's a pretty big pool so something in the $1000 range to get you some cleaning power is what I would suggest.

I have a dolphin m-5 that has a silt bag that picks up anything gvisible to the naked eye. There are other brands and models that have those silt bags or screens that will do the same thing.

Would you recommend the M-5 or would you get a different one if you had to do it over again?

Do you see any problem with the M-5 getting tangled up on the tanning ledge?

Thanks for all the help. I knew TFP members would be helpful.

I ended up going to Leslies and bought the Dolphin Deluxe 3. The only Dolphin robots they had in stock were the Deluxe 3 and Deluxe 4. I chose the Deluxe 3 because it was on sale from 699 to $499. Also the Deluxe 3 doesn't clean walls only the floor. I thought that would keep the robot from getting on the tanning ledge and getting tangled. I put it in after work yesterday and it cleaned the dust/silt off the bottom pretty well, it did miss a few spots in the pool though. I will run it a few more times and see how it performs. Leslies has a 14 day return policy if you don't like it for any reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.