Bottom Resurfacing

Apr 21, 2014
Indiana
The sloped portions of our pool bottom are somewhat rough, wavy, and pitted. My pool is a inground with a vinyl liner, sport bottom, with a concrete bottom under the liner. The flat areas of the bottom (two shallow ends, and bottom of hopper) are glassy smooth, but the slopes are not smooth, and are visible, particulary at night with the light on. I'm prepping to put in a new 30 mil liner next week, and I'm curious if anyone has a suggestion on how I could smooth out the hopper slopes? Thanks! Brad.

They are likely not concrete but a softer mixture of cement and vermiculite. Short of replacing them entirely, there is no fix. Most of us with vinyl pools have the same issue.....it's the nature of the beast.

Thanks duraleigh. It is concrete, I'm certain of that. I built the pool myself, but hired a local pool contractor to do the bottom for me. He recommended the concrete. He did a good job with the possible exception of the slopes. It was a hot day, and the slope mix was dryer, so it set up quickly. He didn't get it nearly as smooth as the flat surfaces. Getting a darker liner this time, maybe it won't show as much.
Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.