Installing above ground pool, Yay!

7epe9a9a.jpg

We have water! Tomorrow the jets and skimmer will be installed and pool will be finished! Woohoo!

Deck building to commence soon.

Pool is full. We added CYA and a bag of shock.
We tested this evening with the TF-100 (auto stirrer is totally cool :) )

Our 1st results
Ph 7.2
FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2
TA 180

Per pool math, added half gallon of bleach (seems low?)
Per pool math, will add one box of borax to raise PH...This is where I'm confused, if I add borax, am I now having to test for borates? Or should I just keep checking ph and increase the borate number in pool math incrementally?

I've read pool school a dozen times and my brain hurts ?

Really no need to raise PH. It's fine there. PH usually rises on its own.
No need to test for borates either.
What was the CYA level you shot for ? You need to adjust your FC for the CYA level or your asking for algae. No need to test for CYA for a week. Just assume it's there. ?

I would add enough bleach ASAP to get your FC up to 5 and don't let it fall below 2. In the future after you see where your CYA level is you may want to take it to 40. That's middle of the road and if your pool gets a lot of sun you'll have more protection from FC burn off from the sun. ?

If you're using bleach, you don't need bags of shock.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're buying wood on Sunday and starting to excavate a little more on Monday. Can't wait to see your completed deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.