Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: From_Arizona (Julie)

1. Back To Top    #1

From_Arizona (Julie)

Can you tell I am in Arizona? I live in the SW Valley of Phoenix, Litchfield Park. After frustrations with our local pool builders, I have decided to jump in with both feet and build my own pool. I have been lurking around here and multiple other sites during my planning stage and have found wonderful information from many of you.

Now my permits are almost ready from the county and it is time for me to get into high-gear. I look forward to learning more as I go along and hope I can keep my head above water during the build phase!

Our Pool:
    18,000 gal
    109 perimeter
    Pebble Tec interior
    Stack Stone rear wall with 5 spillways into pool
    Filter - thinking Hayward DE 45
    Pump - thinking Jandy or Pentair
    Automation - thinking Jandy
    SWG - Jandy or Pool Pilot
    InFloor Cleaner - Caretaker or Paramount?
    Decking - Pavers or ?
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

2. Back To Top    #2

Yay! Another Arizonan! Welcome aboard! I'm up the road and east of you in far north/central Phoenix. My DD and DGK's live in Surprise. They are planning to put in a pool and are thinking of GC'ing their build.

I think it could be so interesting and rewarding if not also hairpulling and greying to be your own GC. I admire anyone who takes it on.

I hope you've seen the website of another Arizonan who lays his entire process out from his thought process to planning, getting bids, construction, etc. If not, there is a link on the home page here.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Julie,
    Welcome to TFP!
    There are many here that can guide you as you build, and then maintain your new pool!
    Enjoy, and be sure to post pics as the project begins!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggsw
    ...I hope you've seen the website of another Arizonan who lays his entire process out from his thought process to planning, getting bids, construction, etc. If not, there is a link on the home page here.
    Yes, I have been refering to Ben Choi's site for some time now. The valuable info on his site helped me take the jump to GC my own pool. I am using his sub list, adding to it, and now narrowing it back down after the Contractor License Check. I know that prices have gone up since he built, but seems that the pool industry is hurting a bit due to the slow-down of real estate in the area.

I am looking forward to the project and hoping I will not turn gray in the process!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome and good luck on the build...Please take pics and share.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits