in-water fence/barrier

Apr 4, 2007
Livermore, CA
Hi All,
My wife and i decided early on that we wanted to be able to separate our tanning shelf from the rest of the pool to make a kiddie play area. The plan *was* to use baby barrier along the outer edge of the ledge, but the BB installer said he wouldn't do it - he's afraid it would leak.

Sooooo, if that's not going to work out, does anyone else have any brilliant ideas that we could use to keep Noah on the ledge and not falling off into the shallow end? (btw, the ledge is under 12" of water)

I've considered and rejected pressure mounted baby/doggy fences (need pressure at top as well as bottom of fence), and anything that's just weighted down (too risky)... What I need is, well, babybarrier type protection, but without drilling into the tanning shelf.

thanks for the help!

thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Reactions: shoelacey
drogers,

The only thing I can think of is a ridgid assembly, perhaps made from pvc pipe, that would anchor onto the sides of the pool.

You don't say what the span would be so pvc may not be strong enough if you have much over 10 feet to cover.

If it's not much longer than that, you may well be able to make a little pvc "fence" with extensions on each side that would then anchor into the decking material. You could drill recessed threaded anchors into the deck and then use stainless bolts to hold the fence in place.

Probably wouldn't be aesthetic but should be functional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.